Click on the links below to view funding and disclosure information for candidates.
- Obligations of a candidate
- Appointing an agent
- Campaign donations returns (candidates and groups)
- Records and evidence
- Applying for public funding
- Political expenditure caps
- Reporting political expenditure (candidates and parties)
Disclosure periods for funding and disclosure differ depending on whether or not you are a new candidate.
You are a new candidate if:
- you were not a candidate in an earlier election for a House of Assembly election any time in the past 5 years before polling day, or
- you were not a candidate in an earlier election for a Legislative Council election any time in the past 9 years before polling day.
Refer to section 130ZF(5)(b) of the Electoral Act 1985.
Groups of candidates
Groups of candidates have the same obligations as individual candidates. The above links provide information about a candidate’s obligations.
If you are a member of a group, you have two sets of obligations: your individual candidate obligations and group obligations.