If you are correctly enrolled for state elections in South Australia, you are automatically included on the council voters roll and will receive ballot papers through the post.

If you need to check or update your enrolment for future elections, you can choose one of the following options:

Council supplementary roll

If you are not enrolled on the state electoral roll you may be eligible to register on the council supplementary roll if you are:

  • a resident or a non-Australian citizen who has lived at your residential address for one month or more
  • an owner of an organisation or business
  • an owner of a holiday home
  • a sole owner, or group of owners, of a rateable property
  • a sole occupier, or group of occupiers, of a rateable property
  • a landlord of rateable property.

In accordance with section 15(5a) of the Local Government (Elections) Act 1999, council must purge the council's supplementary roll on 1 January of every election year. Therefore, all landlords, organisations, business owners or occupiers, and resident non-Australian citizens, must re-enrol from January 1 of every election year to be eligible to vote, with the exception of the City of Adelaide.

If you are unsure whether you are enrolled on the council supplementary roll, contact your local council.