There are 7 electorates within the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) Lands from which a male and female member are elected as members of the APY executive board at general elections every 3 years.
The electorates constituted of community groups within the APY Lands, are established under regulations made by the Governor following a recommendation from the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation.
The current electorates comprise the following community groups (click on each electorate to view a map):
- Pipalyatjara Kalka Map (PDF 1.14 MB)
- Kanpi Nyapari Angatja Watarru (PDF 1.16 MB)
- Amata Tjurma Map (PDF 225 KB)
- Kaltjiti Irintata Watinuma Map (PDF 223 KB)
- Pukatja Yunyarinyi Anilalya Turkey Bore Map (PDF 240 KB)
- Mimili Map (PDF 223 KB)
- Iwantja Amuruna Railway Bore Witjintitja Wallatinna Map (PDF 229 KB)
Map of APY Lands
Review of electorates
The Electoral Commissioner for South Australia must review the electorates not later than 3 months prior to the APY executive board general elections in accordance with section 9(8) of the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Land Rights Act 1981.
A review must include consultation with Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara and the executive board and will normally begin some months before it must be completed to ensure that relevant persons have an opportunity to make submissions to the review.