If you are already on the state electoral roll (in your council area) and vote in state elections, you are automatically included on the council voters roll and will receive ballot papers through the post.

See the Enrol to vote page for instructions if you need to enrol for the first time.

If you are 16 or 17 years of age and enrolled as a provisional voter on the state electoral roll and turn 18 years on or by close of voting, you are entitled to vote and will also receive ballot papers.

See the Check your enrolment page if you have:

  • moved house, or
  • changed postal address, or
  • changed your name.

Council voters roll

You may be eligible to be on the council voters roll if you are one of the following:

  • a resident or a non-Australian citizen who has lived at your residential address for one month or more, or
  • an owner of an organisation or business, or
  • an owner of a holiday home, or
  • a sole owner, or group of owners, of a rateable property, or
  • a sole occupier, or group of occupiers, of a rateable property, or
  • a landlord of rateable property.

All landlords, organisations, business owners or occupiers, and resident non-Australian citizens, must re-enrol from January 1 of every election year to be able to vote, with the exception of the City of Adelaide.

Complete a council enrolment form to be included on the council voters roll. Visit the Local Government Association (external link) for more information and enrolment forms.